[Linux-aus] Assistance requested for grant application

Robert Layton robertlayton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:24:29 AEDT 2021

Hello. We (the Ballarat Hackerspace) are putting together a grant
application and are requesting assistance to complete it. I know what I
want to achieve, and am working on the details of how to get there.

In short, the grant application is to support Melbourne-based meetup groups
to properly record and live stream their meetups, so that they can be
accessible to a wider audience, specifically regional audiences, mobility
impared, and those with young families (who maybe cannot afford a few hours
in the evening). "Properly record" means good audio and HD recording,
including the presenter's screen as well.

I'm requesting support in two forms:

1. I'm a "problem-haver", not a "solution-haver" in this space. I don't
have AV experience, I just know this is a problem. I need someone to (a)
work out what equipment is best for this problem, and (b) to train (or
organise for others to train) a group of people that attend these meetups
so they can do the recording.

2. If you run a Melbourne-based meetup, and would be interested in
recording your meetups (once they are back in-person that is), please get
in touch. My current plan is that we will move the AV equipment from meetup
to meetup (or have a central spot to hold it, TBC), so you would need to
have someone willing to pick it up before your meetup and drop it off
afterwards, undergo training (if required) and fiddle around with it at
meetups to ensure its working. I have a couple of meetups on board already,
and I think 6-12 per month is a good target.

If you'd like to get in contact off this mailing list use this email and
committee at ballarathackerspace.org.au

Thanks,

Rob Layton, on behalf of the Ballarat Hackerspace committee