[Linux-aus] RIP Planet LA

Neill Cox neill at ingenious.com.au
Sat Dec 12 22:48:30 AEDT 2020

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020, 22:22 David Lloyd via linux-aus, <
linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:

> Just out of morbid interest...what's stopping "someone" (for some
> definition of "someone" -- or a "proper person" which was a running joke on
> a committee I once served on) from administering the *current* setup on
> the *current* servers on the *current* site in the form described by
> Russel Coker which would...well...avoid the need for redirects/DNS changes
> blah blah blah?

I think that question is answered at
https://linux.org.au/saying-farewell-to-planet-linux-australia/ as
referenced in the original email.

I read it as the cost of maintaining the feed outweighs the benefit in the
council's view.

That's a decision within the purview of the council and I think entirely
reasonable.

It's good of Russel to volunteer to run a replacement, and I applaud his
efforts, but that should be done without requiring the admin team to do
ongoing work to support it.

Cheers,
Neill