[Linux-aus] What Open Government can learn from us Open Source folks

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:23:28 AEDT 2018

Folks,

An update on our suggestions for the next Open Government National
Action Plan:

* We've included review feedback from scores of people, and a concise
introduction, which starts:

/Government bodies are continually duplicating effort. Why? Old
acquisition processes have emphasised "value for money" and "mitigation
of risk". However, in the digital economy, success indicators
additionally include “effectiveness of collaboration”, “sustainability
in the face of rapid innovation” and “resilience to monopolistic
behaviours”. We need to consider these new indicators in our future
purchasing guidelines.
/

/...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jNdh4_A_cIpaHqLRFOgpvAY3JSo0Ueraam39UHFOGHs/edit#/

* We've incorporated feedback from ~ 20 people so far. If you want
review access, and to see review comments, please email me to request it.

* We're looking for technically savvy people who understand and believe
that open government can collaborate better, to add their signatures to
add gravity to the letter. Ask me for document access, or email me your
name and big title for me to add for you.

All the best,

Cameron Shorter

--
Cameron Shorter