[Linux-aus] Final report on Stemformatics Data Portal

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Thu Oct 26 12:00:01 AEDT 2017

Thanks so much for this Rowland, really appreciate having the report -
it sounds like the project was a distinct success.

Please do pass on our congratulations to Sadia and Huan.

In terms of a grant request for Sadia and/or Huan, I think Russell has a
fair point, however I see the appropriate path here to request travel
funding through the Grants process - ie if Sadia or Huan would like
travel expenses and/or a Miniconf day ticket then a Grant Proposal
should be submitted, using the Stemformatics Data Portal work as the
justification. The community then considers it for two weeks, then
Council makes a final decision.

Does this seem reasonable?

Best, Kathy

Kathy Reid