[Linux-aus] LCA2018 venue: which UoT Sydney campus?

Ewen McNeill linux-aus at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Mon Oct 16 17:14:34 AEDT 2017

Can anyone tell me for sure _which_ University of Technology, Sydney,
campus LCA2018 is being held at?  And/or a nearby cross street to help
with accommodation planning?

http://lca2018.linux.org.au/ just says "University of Technology,
Sydney", but there appear to be several campuses:

http://maps.uts.edu.au/map.cfm

(some, but not all, of which seem to be within walking distance of each
other).  My guess is the Broadway Campus, with Broadway / Harris Street
or Thomas / Harris Street being reasonable corners to measure distances
from, but it's just a guess.

Given that there's no LCA2018 accommodation information available
("coming soon" -- http://lca2018.linux.org.au/attend/accommodation/),
and no estimate on when that might arrive (eg, LCA2018 ticket #473), and
I need to be in Sydney some/all of the week before, I'm considering just
trying to book, eg, a studio apartment for the 2 weeks.  Rather than
trying to book week before / week of LCA2018 separately.

If I do that, I'd like to at least end up within easy walking distance
of LCA2018, which is a bit tough to figure out while still trying to
guess at the LCA2018 venue.

Any hints welcomed,

Thanks,

Ewen

PS: Asking here because there's no detailed location information on the
LCA2018 website, no indicate of when it might appear, and I've had no
answer from LCA2018 team in 10+ days.