[Linux-aus] Grant Application - A grant to Moe Menshed (about to start)

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Mar 28 17:50:42 AEDT 2017

On 25/03/2017 17:40, Russell Coker wrote:

>> All forms of gender/sex discrimination is wrong, but when you do, you
>> cant play favorites, all sides are to be treated and considered without
>> the "gender only" consideration - unless you want to appear  before the
>> federal court to explain your actions if a rejection is challenged :)
>
> https://linux.conf.au/attend/code-of-conduct/
>
> The CoC used for LA events refers to "unwarranted exclusion from conference or
> related events based on age, gender, sexual orientation".  So having a women-
> only event to address problems with the exclusion of women in many areas of
> technology is acceptable.  But having a men-only technology event would be
> unwarranted.

So, if they are a bunch of old blokes only, that is acceptable then
since they are even more remote than women in this industry, but I
suspect you'll deny that too. As I've said a few times, I find no
discrimination acceptable, but when you do, you can't continue to play
favorites with only one side, there must be balance, but it seems you do
so long as its a minority group you want to support, and that's fair
enough, after all, that's the entire point of it being discussed, to
assist council in their final determination. Concluding, it seems
Russell, we'll have to agree to disagree on playing favorites, and on
support for this grant, enjoy your day.

--
Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

 		This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/