[Linux-aus] Linux Australia has voted in favour of removing Mr Stuart Benjamin as the Chair of auDA

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Mon Jul 31 11:23:24 AEST 2017

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 08:28:03 +1000, Russell Stuart via linux-aus wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-07-31 at 08:08 +1000, Craige McWhirter via linux-aus
> wrote:
> > I haven't seen whom we're voting to replace Mr Benjamin with and how
> > they plan to address the concerns you've raised.
>
> You can't do that It impossible to do that until you know who has been
> nominated for the office!

Not impossible, a reasonable question for which their may or may not be answer.

You're focussing on technical process a little to tightly Russell. In my
experience people rarely role a sitting leader without there being someone else
in mind, regardless of whether a nomination process has commenced or not.

I doubt a that council with the calibre of ours merely approved rolling the
sitting office holder without any thought having been given to what | who
happened next.

Hence my question.

--
Craige