[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name to Open Source Australia?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Dec 24 15:27:12 AEDT 2017

Reminds me of an episode of Bar Rescue a few years back...

Old owner, great well known name, great patronage

Old Owner sells to New Owner

New Owner changes name

12 months on in dire straits

Johnny Tapper changes name back to Original name (and few minor changes
- not one of his all in reno eps tho)

Patronage soaring again 6 months on

So much so New Owner changed name back to his.

6 months on bar nearly empty

6 more months on bar closed

I'll be voting no, like last time, and the time .....

If you want a new organisation to represent open source, start it up
yourself rather than try piggy back of LA's success.

Merry Christmas y'all