[Linux-aus] [Announce] Should Linux Australia change its name to Open Source Australia?

Ian ilox11 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 00:04:46 AEDT 2017

I won't support OSA for the reasons others have spoken about. Much too
close to OSIA.
I think Andrew's suggestion of OSCA - Open Source Community Australia  -
has legs and should be given consideration. I would support that amended
re-Branding. It much more reflects who we are and what we stand for than
OSA.

On 20 December 2017 at 23:30, Andrew Pam via linux-aus <
linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:

> I understand that the current proposal is "Open Source Australia or
> nothing", and on that basis I will certainly vote NO due to the
> confusion with and impact on OSIA.  But have we considered "Open Source
> Community Australia" or similar, which would clarify exactly what the
> role of the organisation is and how it differs from OSIA?
>
> Cheers,
>         Andrew
> --
> mailto:xanni at xanadu.net                   Andrew Pam