[Linux-aus] KSP-CKAN reporting in

Paul Fenwick paul.j.fenwick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 18:13:18 AEDT 2017

Hey everyone!

Just a quick reporting in on the KSP-CKAN cross-platform mod manager for
Kerbal Space Program, for which Linux Australia is helping us with
infrastructure funding. :)

*tl;wr: We’re bringing lots of joy to space enthusiasts! :)*

The most recent release of the KSP-CKAN client (17 October) has had 66k
downloads, and we’ve had over a million downloads summed over all releases.
We’re indexing over two thousand individual mods for Kerbal Space
Programme, and over twelve thousand individual mod releases overall.

While we purposefully don’t track mod downloads to protect user privacy,
the sheer number of client downloads and contributions the project is
receiving means I can confidently say we’re going very, very strong.

We’re also extremely fortunate to have picked up some *incredible* new
contributors. An extra special thanks goes to HebaruSan for the best UI
improvements ever, which are already in the development version and will be
landing with the next release. See the attached images for examples, or this
PR <https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/2177> for full details. :)

I also want to express my enormous gratitude to Myk Dowling for his
continuing role as Mission Director, Leon Wright for keeping our
infrastructure running, and of course Linux Australia for helping with our
infrastructure costs!

May you go to space today!

🚀 Paul
​