[Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Council Member

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Sun Dec 3 21:42:09 AEDT 2017

Hi all,

I would like to put myself forward for one of the Ordinary Council Member
positions for Linux Australia for the upcoming election in January 2018.

For people who haven't met me, I'll introduce myself by saying that I'm a keen
Open Source and Open Hardware enthusiast.  I've organised, or herded, the
Canberra Linux Users Group for a number of years although I gave that up a
couple of years ago.  I've been a member of Linux Australia since I came to my
first LCA in 2005 and have been a keen attendee of LCA and OSDC ever since.
For a time I was a part of the Linux Australia LUG communications
sub-committee.  I've given talks at LCA, OSDC, SLUG and CLUG on a variety of
FOSS topics.

I work for Red Hat, contributing to an open source project called Insights.

I'm keen to open a new chapter in my contribution to Free Open Source Software
by helping with the smooth operation of Linux Australia.

Personally, I'm a six foot tall ape descendant and nobody is currently trying
to drive a bypass through my home.  I've built an electric motorbike.  I play
computer, card and board games, turn wood, grow fruit and vegetables, ski
downhill and cross country, go for long romantic walks on the beach, teach a
dance class, compose and mix music, and play the piano at a very amateur
level.  None of these things makes me qualified for being on the Linux
Australia Council but they might be amusing.

Discussion and feedback welcome!

Have fun,

Paul