[Linux-aus] [Grant Application] Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 19:16:05 AEST 2017

Tim,

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Paul Fenwick <paul.j.fenwick at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This request is specifically for infrastructure, and we’re asking for
> funding that provides a modest capacity for growth in case we need it. Leon
> may correct me if I’m wrong, but our status page
> <http://status.ksp-ckan.org/> shows that we’re able to do a full mod
> indexing every two hours. If we doubled our compute expenses I’m sure we
> could halve that, and while that would be great for players who want to
> install a mod in the same hour it’s released, adding lots of cycles gives
> diminishing returns overall. In other words, we’re not starving for
> resources.

Increasing resources could make scheduled runs happen more frequently, but
one of the bigger hosting sites utilises our webhooks to inflate meta data
on-demand and there is some experimental support for GitHub integration but
no frontend to tie it all together.

I'd love to see more integration of the webhooks and do full indexing less
frequently, but below :-)

> There’s a whole other discussion about funding developers and new
> features. but that’s not what we’re asking for with this grant. :)

Leon

--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'