[Linux-aus] Grant Application 2017

Nathan Bailey web at polynate.net
Wed Apr 19 10:25:21 AEST 2017

Hi LA,
 Is there a policy about organisational structures or equipment title for
grants?

For example, most non-profits have a requirement in their constitution
that, if they are wound up, they cannot disburse funds to members and must
instead allocate all remaining monies and assets to an organisation with
similar objectives.

I think it would be good for LA to require a statement to this effect where
it is purchasing assets as part of a grant, ie. that, should the
organisation cease to conduct the proposed activity or should the
organisation fold, the assets will either be returned to LA or donated to
another organisation with similar objectives.

Robert has put together a well-considered proposal but I do wonder what
happens to the equipment once the current effort ends (understanding also
that most IT equipment has a short shelf-life anyway).
-N

On 18 April 2017 at 09:26, Robert Manietta <Robert.Manietta at hsipswich.org.au