[Linux-aus] LCA2016 post event report

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Tue May 31 18:40:02 AEST 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 12:18:02PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2016 10:21:58 AM Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> > The nature of miniconfs is that schedule changes are a fact of life and
> > often these occur quite late through no fault of the miniconf organiser.
> > Making schedule changes less onerous is therefore a good goal, even if it's
> > something which will necessarily take some time to implement.
>
> >   11:30 - 11:35  = Coordinated Break
>
> The miniconfs have always been less formal than the regular talks. ...
> I'm sure that some miniconf organisers tried to make their miniconfs run
> to a strict schedule like the regular lectures and some probably
> succeeded.  But I wonder if that is even desirable.

I think it very much depends on the nature of the miniconf.  This is why I
think we need to be flexible in order to accomodate those for which this
isn't applicable.  My idea is that it would be helpful to do for those
miniconfs where it makes sense, but it shouldn't be forced on those for
which it does not.

Regards
  jonathan