[Linux-aus] LCA2016 post event report

Steven Ellis steven.ellis at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:59:05 AEST 2016

Kathy - Great report and a wonderful conference.

Regarding communications a couple of things to add to Mark's LCA2015
comments.
 - Anything CoC centric had it's own very restricted RT queue that was
actively monitored by key team members
 - The out of hours phone was handled by key team members (usually myself
and Cherie).

Aside from a transport issue we had almost no out of hours calls.

In addition we assumed that anyone travelling internationally would have
roaming or a local SIM card. In fact we provided recommendations for
visitors around SIM cards on the Wiki.

I travel a lot for work and I always make sure I have the ability to make
an emergency call.

Also note that the on-call number isn't for emergencies, you should use the
appropriate police/medical/fire number. It is there for out of hours
assistance from the conference team, or for any CoC issues you can't/won't
report by email.

I'd recommend any future On-Call phones have a very very very loud ringer.
We had problems hearing ours during one of the evening events.

Steven