[Linux-aus] LCA2016 post event report

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Thu May 26 07:35:10 AEST 2016

A project team delivered an 18 page post event report, with
recommendations sourced from both a post event survey and qualitative
observations. The report is divided into sections, and articulates key
recommendations around the lifecycle of the linux.conf.au event for
future iterations of the event to consider.

Instead of a debate on whether these recommendations should be adopted,
instead we're bikeshedding over whether a Jabber IM number should be
provided for the conference. This discussion is furthering neither the
growth or maturity of linux.conf.au, nor Linux Australia as an
organisation, and does not respect the time or effort that has gone into
the event or into the production of the post event report.

I'd like to request that this thread of discussion is now refocused on
the recommendations made in the Post Event Report, and on whether they
should be endorsed.

Kind regards,
Kathy Reid