[Linux-aus] VPAC etc

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Jun 21 15:46:11 AEST 2016

On 20/06/2016 23:43, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 07:37:11 PM Noel Butler wrote:
>> Volunteering requires a level of commitment...
>>
>> Harsh words? Maybe, but I don't live under a rock, don't expect
>> someone
>> else has it in hand, dont go round with fingers in my ears or walk on
>> cotton friggin wool :)
>
> You are being too harsh.  There are lots of reasons why volunteers can
> become
> unavailable to do things that they had committed to do.  Even paid
> people

Absolutely, but those people tend to make arrangements for someone else
to cover them/take over, they dont just chuck it on a shelf for month or
two and let nothing be done, if you did that in just about any community
organisation, you wouldn't end up being asked to perform such tasks
again in the future because they start to deem you as unreliable, we are
not talking about a couple people getting the flu...

> don't always do what they had been paid to do.  Ideally there will be
> people

Those people will need to explain why they haven't done such tasks, and
those without
a valid reason end up explaining this all again - to HR.

> One thing that was cited as a partial explanation for the problems was
> confusion about who owned which machine.  It seems to me that this
> could have
> been alleviated if the LA people had worked with the LUV people.  I
> wouldn't

Ohhh yes, one thing very clear here is there was a great lack of
communication.

Hopefully this is more of lessons learned and will never happen again -
email is free, phone calls are cheap...

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/