[Linux-aus] hardware for ZFS

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 02:32:05 AEST 2016

I've discovered that the Thecus N8800 NAS's appear on ebay with surprising
regularity (Thecus have abandoned that hardware, and are now selling the
N8900's instead).

Pulling the cover over it, though, presents you with a Core 2 Duo machine
with 4GB of RAM, and 8 drive bays.

I've written a quick how-to, to step you through installing and running
Ubuntu 16.06 with ZFS and iSCSI on it.

http://xrobau.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/thecus-n8800-pro-reborn-anew-with-zfs.html

They're normally available for a couple of hundred dollars, and are
extremely good value.

--Rob