[Linux-aus] FOSS-as-a-service

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Tue Jan 26 01:44:45 AEDT 2016

joeyh (of git-annex fame) created github-backup -
https://github.com/joeyh/github-backup which will take all the stuff on
GitHub which isn't *normally* stored in your git repo and puts it there.

github-backup is a simple tool you run in a git repository you cloned from
> GitHub. It backs up everything GitHub publishes about the repository,
> including branches, tags, other forks, issues, comments, wikis, milestones,
> pull requests, watchers, and stars.

Sadly it is written in haskell which makes hacking on it quite hard unless
you are already into haskell. It does seem to work pretty well if you don't
want to know how the sausage is made.

Tim 'mithro' Ansell