[Linux-aus] SPF problems too

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Fri Jan 15 16:57:16 AEDT 2016

Hello Russell

On 01/15/2016 02:11 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> I tried to send a mail to the council (at the address advertised on the web
> site) about the DKIM/SPF issues.  I have attached the bounce.  It seems that
> the LA servers are broken regarding SPF.

thank you for your email.

It looks like your email came through to the list OK, so I'd wager that
were you to send your original email to "committee at lists.linux.org.au"
[0], it would have been delivered successfully as well.

As you're probably aware from Kathy's white paper, Inflection Point,
which was recently robustly discussed on this very list, and also from
your own experience managing the LUV servers, the Linux Australia admin
team is having to move our services currently hosted with VPAC to a new
host with rather short notice.

As a result of this, mail, and a few other things, are not running in
the best of shape. Rest assured, we're working as hard as we can to fix
this, but we also have to work some limit factors, like the currently
running election, as well as the upcoming Linux.conf.au, both of whom
need various parts of the LA infrastructure working (even if it is
slightly broken) to be able to meet legal obligations.

If you have a concern that something may not be working correctly, It's
often best to let the admin team know directly [2], rather than post a
complaint to the mailing list, which we may not see for a few days.

regards