[Linux-aus] Candidacy support statement - President

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Sun Jan 10 18:35:06 AEDT 2016

On 10/01/16 17:29, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 03:48:43PM +1100, Hugh Blemings wrote:
>> By way of background, in addition to having long been involved in Free
>> and Open Source Software and Hardware (..., Ubuntu, ...)
>> Further in the interests of openness and transparency, I will note that
>> while I am no longer a full time desktop Linux user [...]
> So, what do you use instead, and why? (You didn't mention if you run
> Linux on your "smart devices"?) [0]
>
>> In the interests of transparency I note that prior commitments will see
>> me with limited availability for voluntary activities until late March
>> 2016 after which time I can direct my attention more fully to LA
>> matters.
> Will "limited availability" be enough to address any issues that the
> LCA or PyCon (etc) teams might have prior to or during March, or will
> you be relying on your VP to deal with some/all of these (by chairing
> meetings, following up on emails, handling votes, harrassing people to
> do things, etc)?

Not that I am answering for Hugh, but I am confident that the elected
council will be able to take care of business during the absence of any
individual member (exactly the reason we have a VP etc). In addition to
that I am also very happy to be available to help out in any way I can
and to help answer any questions subcommittees or the new council may have.

Cheers,
Josh