[Linux-aus] LA co-branding proposal

Ian ilox11 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 01:27:21 AEDT 2016

Great post Anthony, something at last that I can accept. A pathway through
the morass of "bikeshedding" and misdirection that was going on.

I fully support your suggestions.

Let us be clear, Kathy deserves a big + for putting her words together to
get the discussion rolling.
Your post tops the recent discussions and gives all of us a way to put our
shoulder behind the direction we might want this to follow.

I love the committee name suggestion of "rabid fanatics. Sweet. Plenty of
them around, enough to fill several committees ;)

Personally I don't want the Home Brand of Linux Australia to be considered
for change, there isn't anything - at this time - approaching the Brand
recognition already out there.

If something better comes along, after developing the concept in the
appropriate sub-committee, at that time we can revisit the proposal.
Whatever replaces the LA Brand has to be Bigger Brighter Better than LA or
else there isn't any point in making the replacement. The paperwork and
time-wasting to change the organisation's name is horrid so I would never
contemplate making a change of name just because it might be newer and more
trendy. It really has to be something out of the box to replace what is
already there.

Co-branding isn't likely to bring about confusion to a large degree, mostly
the exercise allows the Brand to be redefined, expanded. I like your
suggestions to develop "Open Source Australia" (or whatever) and see where
that takes us. That suits me just fine.

This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

-- Ian