[Linux-aus] Linux Australia council elections

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sun Jan 10 00:52:45 AEDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Firstly I'd like to thank Josh, Josh, Sae Ra, Tony, Craige, James and
Chris for all their efforts on 2015 Council. The work the Council does
is often hidden or under the radar, and I'd like to publicly acknowledge
the time, energy and commitment that it takes to keep Linux Australia
running so well.

Thank you to those who have nominated me for various positions on
Council. During 2016, I won't have the bandwidth to take on the role of
President, if elected, however am delighted to accept nominations for
Vice President and for Ordinary Committee Member. If elected, my
priorities would be to;

- lay the foundations for establishing a relevant and reasonable
strategic blueprint for the organisation over the next 5 year horizon
- establish a Membership subcommittee and drive changes to the existing
platform and its capabilities
- bring structure and maturity to onboarding, supporting and assisting
volunteers to contribute to the organisation

I would intend to continue my roles on Media and Communications
Subcommittee, wrapping up LCA2016 and leading GovHack Geelong.

My positions on various issues facing the organisation are outlined in
'Inflection Point', and it's encouraging to see so much robust debate
about its contents and what activities, objectives and projects Linux
Australia should be focussing on to fulfil its remit.

This currently leaves Linux Australia without a nomination for
President, and I strongly encourage anyone who may be considering
nominating to do so.

Representing Australia's Linux, free and open source community is an
immense privilege, a challenging opportunity and a truly rewarding
professional development experience.

Kind regards,
Kathy Reid