[Linux-aus] Linux Australia council elections

Josh Stewart noisymime at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 23:13:11 AEDT 2016

Hi All,

As you may be aware, the nominations for Linux Australia council positions
close tomorrow, so if you had any thoughts of being involved but haven't
had a chance to do so yet, now's the time!
https://www.linux.org.au/membership/

Much to my surprise, a number of people have nominated me for the role of
president in the 2016 council. Whilst it had not been my intent to remain
on the council for a fourth year, these nominations have made me seriously
think about this position and I have had a lot of chats with prior and
potential future council members around this recently.

After much deliberation though (Not to mention changes of mind), I have
decided not to accept the nominations for any positions. Unfortunately I do
not believe I am going to have the time available over the next 12 months
to give these roles the attention that they do deserve. I do intend to look
again at being part of the tremendous LA council at some point in the
future, but 2016 is not the right time for myself.

With that said, I would like to extend to the new council (Whoever it ends
up being) whatever assistance I can in helping to get up to speed on the
organisational and practical details of Linux Aus. Whether this is in any
sort of formal capacity or simply a chat over coffee, I am more than happy
to help in any way I can.

Finally, a HUGE thank you to all I've worked with on the council over the
last few years. My time as OCM in 2013/14 and as VP in the last 12 months
have been incredibly rewarding and I have thoroughly enjoyed it all. I
truly do hope to be a part of this amazing organisation again in the future.

Regards,

-Josh Stewart
Linux Australia Vice President