[Linux-aus] Inflection Point - A Strategic Plan for Linux Australia

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Wed Jan 6 19:18:38 AEDT 2016

Hi All,

I've been following this discussion with interest but not felt strongly
on any thing raised up until the "tooling" discussion began - do we use
Git or GoogleDocs.

I am an infrequent git user myself - I can use it and the relevant
review tools but am far from fluent.  This is also, I suspect, true of
many of our fellow LA members - they are not fluent git users.

It seems to me then that in the spirit of wishing to invite the widest
possible range of input and participation from those interested in the
core discussion (LA's future) we should keep the barrier of entry as low
as possible.

There will be many in our fold that have excellent contributions to make
and feel comfortable in a mailing list discussion, or adding a comment
to a google doc.

But for these same people working out the process to contribute via a
git repository, when coupled with the inevitable pressures of day to day
life, will quickly see their desire to be involved fall into the too
hard basket.

We are, to a person, an excellent community, but not always deeply
conversant in the tools - let us continue the discussion in it's current
"easy to use" form and move to the worthy, but more exotic methods in
due course.

Kind Regards,
Hugh