[Linux-aus] Inflection Point - A Strategic Plan for Linux Australia

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Wed Jan 6 12:43:13 AEDT 2016

Hi Kathy

I am somewhat outside of Linux Australia, but an interested onlooker. I
see the strategic questions slightly differently:

 - how serious are you about lobbying?

 - what is the natural size of "a peak body for Linux user groups"? Does
   L.A even provide worthwhile services to the LUGs or is it in practice a
   holding company for linux.conf.au?

 - if you want a new constituency then what is it?

 - what is the desired relationship with the maker movement?

The alternatives to the name are too poor. It's easier to explain "we're
more than linux" than to be in the morass of devalued "open" names.

If you are time-poor then outsource stuff. If the member registration
system is annoying then pay someone to do that function (not to fix the
system, but to do the entire task).

-glen