[Linux-aus] Inflection Point - A Strategic Plan for Linux Australia

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Tue Jan 5 13:15:39 AEDT 2016

On 05/01/16 12:52, Craige McWhirter wrote:
> On 05/01/16 10:05, Kathy Reid wrote:
>
>> - We provide until Sunday 10th January for commentary on the document
>> (another five days)
> Why such a tight time frame?
Council nominations end on Sunday. Given that none of the Nominees have
(as yet) emailed this list articulating what direction specifically they
would like to take LA in, and what their positions are on key issues (as
opposed to providing their credentials for standing - none of which I
dispute at all), this document helps to draw out the key decision points
and key strategic questions Council 2016 faces.

>> - I'll then take another pass at synthesising or adding sections to the
>> document based on the commentary
>> - Clearly indicating which pieces will need to go to formal vote, either
>> at Council or by Special General Meeting
>> - And then issue another version of the document to the Community for
>> feedback
>> - And then formally submit the document to Council as a set of
>> Recommendations, upon which they can choose to endorse or reject
>>
>> Does this seem like an appropriate way forward?
> Thanks for getting that work down in a document. I have a minor suggestion.
>
> Is it possible to convert the document to ReStructured text and post it
> to a git repo, such as Github, Bitbucket or similar services, where
> patches can be suggested and discussed more collaboratively?
>
> I may be alone but I find the cathedral method using Google Docs makes
> it quite hard to follow, track and contribute.
Happy to be guided by what the community wants here - if most people
want an .md file in a Git repo, very happy to oblige.