[Linux-aus] [Announce] Declaration of Council Election and call for Nominations

Christopher Neugebauer _ at chrisjrn.com
Sat Jan 2 21:15:36 AEDT 2016

Hi all,

I will also not be standing for re-election this year, and I will not
accept any nominations for my re-election. I'm doing this so that I
can focus my time on organisation of linux.conf.au 2017. Doing this
properly would mean that I couldn't effectively do my duties as an
ordinary committee member.

I've deeply enjoyed my two years as an ordinary committee member, and
wish to thank everyone who has nominated and voted for me over the
last few years. It's been a real pleasure to represent the Free
Software and Open Technology communities in Australia, and I look
forward to taking a strong interest in the future growth of Linux
Australia.

If you've got any questions about what it's like to serve on Council,
please feel free to get in contact with me, I'm happy to share
everything I know.

See you all at LCA!

--Chris

--