[Linux-aus] Re-igniting the Membership Committee

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Wed Feb 10 10:00:43 AEDT 2016

Good morning everyone!

Fresh from the amazing experience that was linux.conf.au 2016 Geelong -
LCA By the Bay (and a few days in which to recover), and with the
motivation that comes from such an inspiring event still fresh in mind,
I'd like to reinvigorate the debate over our Membership Committee[0],
Membership platform[1] and related pieces[2].

Please note I'm doing this with my 'Member' hat on rather than my
'Council' hat, and because I am highly motivated to deliver a better
Membership platform for Linux Australia.

The intent of this email is to seek expressions of interest from those
who may be motivated and passionate about addressing the shortcoming of
LA's current Membership platform, whether that be through a new
platform, or enhancements to the current one. My intended approach here
is to form a Membership Subcommittee under the Subcommittee Policy[3],
should Council approve, and then use the Membership Subcommittee as a
vehicle to drive recommendations and actions for improvement.

So, who wants to join me in creating a better Membership platform?

Kind regards,
Kathy Reid

[0] http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2015-January/021988.html
[1] http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2015-January/021995.html