[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Grant Application for Meetup Group Hardware

Linux Australia Vice President vice-president at linux.org.au
Thu Dec 1 17:42:42 AEDT 2016

As a matter of due diligence, I can confirm the following financials for
WordCamp Sunshine Coast and WordCamp Sydney (the latter which Wil ran
with the excellent help of Kristen Symonds as Treasurer).

  * Overall profit WordCamp Sydney: $21,348
  * Overall profit WordCamp Sunshine Coast: $6449

These amounts are inclusive of an amount we require events to return to
LA for assistance with items such as insurance, bank fees, auditing and
so on.

The approved budget for 2016-2017 financial year includes an amount of
$15k for grants and donations, and $10k of this is earmarked for
Software Freedom Conservancy (we've been waiting to see if $AUD to $USD
becomes more favourable, alas not). So, a $2k grant here would leave $3k
remaining in the grants budget.

TL;DR, this is within budget and represents no financial imposte to LA.

Kind regards,

Kathy