[Linux-aus] Census data risks - retention and correlation of records

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sun Apr 3 21:19:51 AEST 2016

Trying to tie together a few different thoughts here and identify what
role Linux Australia may play here;

- If someone is willing to pick up the task and invest the time, LA
could write to the ABS, specifically to the Australian Statistician, to
articulate the concerns that the community holds about the retention and
data correlation practices being exercised currently.

- LA could reach out to like-minded organisations (such as, for example,
Electronic Frontiers Australia) and lend in-kind (or material, if
needed) support if a clear campaign or key messages were being articulated.

- Or, we could simply use this list as a forum for informed debate
without taken any concrete action.

As always, the Council is guided by the broader community in our
actions, and we'd appreciate your thoughts and feedback on this issue.

Kind regards,
Kathy