[Linux-aus] Laptop advise

lists at ebourne.me.uk lists at ebourne.me.uk
Fri Nov 20 20:26:46 AEDT 2015

You have had better luck than me then! I have had 2 Dell laptops, one I
bought which failed after 13 months, just 1 month out of warranty, and
one at a company I worked for which lasted longer but if I remember
correctly Bluetooth stopped working after about 18 months. Both ran
Fedora of course, but I had to swap the wireless card out of my one as
the factory card was not supported without binary drivers, that was
quite a long time ago though.

Both of the HP laptops came with a 36 month warranty as standard, which
is a lot better than 12 months cover and failing hardware a month
later. Of course I may well have been unlucky, YMMV.

Cheers,
Martin