[Linux-aus] Laptop advise

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:29:26 AEDT 2015

I understand you can run Linux raw on the hardware. I use VirtualBox and
have not the slightest issue, but I understand my usage patterns may not
match the needs of others. My main performance indicator is how well my
text editor works when I'm coding :).

More and more, I find I can do my Linux stuff directly on OSX without
needing to reach out to Linux.

I'm happy to give more feedback on my experience, but I really couldn't be
happier.

On 19 November 2015 at 22:39, Michele Bert <micbert75 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think even if it's not your favourite option necessarily, the option of
>> a Mac is the benchmark -- the one to beat
>

> What about Linux though?
> A colleague of mine bought a MacBook few months ago, planning to use linux
> in a virtualbox hosted machine for most of the purpose, relying on the
> native OSX only to run a couple of applications for which a valid replace
> cannot be found yet. But he is very unsatisfied, since he complains the
> performance he get under linux are not sufficient for any daily usage.
> And installing linux on a new MacBook is not an advice I would give at all!
>
> --
> Mick

Tennessee Leeuwenburg
http://myownhat.blogspot.com/