[Linux-aus] Acknowledgement of country

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Nov 9 11:45:03 AEDT 2015

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 08:49:40 AM Michael Davies wrote:
> While I understand people are passionate about various ideas and ideals,
> attacking overs with broad generalisations is not what Linux Australia is
> all about.  Accepting alternate points of view is a sign of maturity.

What exactly are you saying here?  When someone acts in a way that seems
racist and says "next you'll be trying to call me a fucking racist" do you
think we should lie about the fact that their actions do seem racist?

I don't think that we should be required to accept alternate points of view
that discriminate against other people.  I don't think we should accept
racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia.