[Linux-aus] Acknowledgement of country

Michael Davies michael at the-davies.net
Mon Nov 9 08:49:40 AEDT 2015

I'd like to refer to a portion of http://linux.org.au/values

> Respect
>
> We value respect for people, for community, and for society. This
includes respect for the opinions, ideals and choices of others, for the
communities which we create and participate in, and for society as a whole.
It is vital that > while we uphold our ideals, we respect the ideals of
others. We obey lawful restrictions placed upon us, particularly with
reference to licencing, copyright and patent law, to the best of our
ability.

> Diversity
>
> People of all ages, genders, nationalities, ethnicities, backgrounds,
abilities and walks of life are part of the communities we serve. We
respect and encourage diversity at our conferences, events, and other
activities

There's been a lot of intolerance shown on this thread, that is both
unhelpful to the conversation, and hurtful to people.

While I understand people are passionate about various ideas and ideals,
attacking overs with broad generalisations is not what Linux Australia is
all about.  Accepting alternate points of view is a sign of maturity.

Let's keep the conversation civil, and let's be respectful in our replies
to others - even if we don't agree with their point of view.
Michael Davies   michael at the-davies.net