[Linux-aus] Acknowledgement of country

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Nov 8 14:07:50 AEDT 2015

On 08/11/2015 02:43, James Turnbull wrote:

>> I mean consider what Noel and Brent actually said on the principle
>> rather than the actions to be taken:
>>
>>  Noel: "there is no them and us, no black and white,
>>         we are all Australians"
>>
>>  Brent: "Indigenous Australian recognition is a given"
>>

> Which is the usual statement from folks who either don't have empathy
> for or don't understand that those statements are simply not true as
> experienced by indigenous Australians.

Do not EVER assume because someone has a different opinion than yours
that their opinion is less worthy or lacks empathy or understanding,
next you'll be trying to call me a fucking racist... fools like you
making statements like that are part of the problem.

But lets the keep this divide, lets enshrine it so it remains forever so
there will always be an 'us and them' attitude, which is what they do
NOT want, if you actually knew any indigenous people (excluding
activists/radicals) on more than a passing basis, you'd know that's all
they want, this is 2015, not 1915.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/