[Linux-aus] Acknowledgement of country

Patrick Elliott-Brennan mail at elliott-brennan.id.au
Sun Nov 8 10:36:10 AEDT 2015

Re: Donna, James and Matthew.

Pretty much so.

Not being from Australia I've found no reasons to feel 'guilty' and
plenty of reasons to actively participate in positively addressing an
enormous, drawn-out injustice which still has significant negative
consequences for the indigenous population.

I've attended loads of these events and helped arranged some. I have
never had any discussion with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
colleagues, staff, attendees (including adult students I've taught)
that has indicated a negative view OTHER than that this is a small
step; part of a solution not THE solution.

Regards,
Patrick