[Linux-aus] Acknowledgement of country

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Thu Nov 5 20:28:49 AEDT 2015

Hey all,

I'm just going to reply to the original email/question as put forward.

My opinion, and not necessarily that of the council's, is that this is a
call for the organisers or the individual events to decide what is
appropriate. I think Clinton's response speaks well to that.

Should the members wish to discuss this further then I would encourage
the use of the policies mailing list
http://lists.linux.org.au/mailman/listinfo/policies as Luke pointed out.
It was set up for this purpose. From the discussion it would then be
helpful to submit a pull request to
https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies with a
proposed policy. At that point the council will be able to deliberate on
it and move an appropriate motion.

Cheers,
Josh