[Linux-aus] Acknowledgement of country

Luke John email at lukejohn.me
Thu Nov 5 11:49:59 AEDT 2015

Linux Australia currently has an excellent value statement and a
proven track record of being open and welcoming to newcomers and
embracing diversity.

http://linux.org.au/values
https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies/blob/master/code_of_conduct.md

>From reading the ["Acknowledgement of
Country"](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Country_and_Acknowledgement_of_Country)
wikipedia article, it is unclear how requiring it for any/all LA
events will improve the LA community or make it more welcoming.

This discussion is probably better suited to the [Policies mailing
list](http://lists.linux.org.au/mailman/listinfo/policies] and I'd
encourage you to continue it there.

Kind regards,
Luke John