[Linux-aus] What's happening with the Membership Committee?

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sun Jun 14 08:27:44 AEST 2015

Fair call.

IMHO, patching MemberDB is not where LA should be focussing effort - I
strongly believe LA needs a full CRM like CiviCRM [1].
All good organisations need different thinking to catalyse direction ;-)

So, I think we probably need a strategic call from LA here - patch
MemberDB or go for something like CiviCRM?

My recommendation is that LA is now large enough, and has big enough
communications needs that it makes sense to go for something like
CiviCRM. We don't homebrew the website anymore - we use an established
platform. It no longer makes sense to homebrew the membership platform.
CiviCRM also sits on top of Drupal, meaning that platform change at the
website level wouldn't be needed. But Mikal is right, this would need to
be scoped - and it's a big piece of work - but one in the long run I
think is very valuable.

My availability is pretty shot until Feb 9th 2016.

[1] https://civicrm.org/