[Linux-aus] What's happening with the Membership Committee?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Jun 14 07:49:07 AEST 2015

So, my understanding was that we offered in the AGM to update memberdb
to not be quite so bad. That got turned into a replacement CRM
project, which meant several of the people involved no longer felt
they had the skills to actually progress the effort. We have therefore
stalled.

To be completely honest, I feel like I mis-estimated how much spare
time I'd have this year, and I don't think I have the bandwidth to
provide a meaningful contribution to this effort. So, a subcommittee
is a good idea, but I feel we might need to go and work out who would
be able to serve on it first.

Michael

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Kathy Reid <kathy at kathyreid.id.au> wrote:
> There was some talk a few months ago [1] of having a Membership Subcommittee
> for LA, looking at replacing or enhancing MemberDB. This was a great move
> forward - MemberDB is end of life.
> Has this progressed at all and are folks ihere nterested?
>
> If so I will formally propose a motion to Council to form this Subcommittee.
>
> Kind regards,
> Kathy
>

> [1] http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2015-February/022032.html

Rackspace Australia