[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] DCJTech - Creating Jobs and Articles

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Sat Jun 13 14:03:16 AEST 2015

Hello Devyn,

Your enthusiasm is really great and we really appreciate you wanting to
get involved in the Linux Australia community.

I think one of the large hesitations the council has with the proposal
is that the returned benefit isn't unique. There are plenty of websites
buying for the news space and it's not obvious how this one would be set
apart to make it successful or attractive to readers or a good use of
our funds.

This (linux-aus at linux.org.au) is a discussion list for our members. One
of the reason we ask for grant requests to be posted to this list is to
get the insight and support from the wider community.

I would like to see some more discussion and feedback from our members
as to what they would like to see happen. If it is something our
community is interested in, it would be great to see some more thoughts
and brainstorming around how it would look if it were to proceed.

Cheers,
Josh