[Linux-aus] mailing lists

ac ac at main.me
Wed Jul 29 19:11:24 AEST 2015

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:26:30 +0930
David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> On 29/07/2015 2:21 PM, ac wrote:
> > many other lists but in the spirit of openness, I have been
> > banned from one linux user group list before as I cannot accept
> > weird politics, clickyness and back room dictator like behavior
> > for a lug... of course, i do have floss projects and yes, of course
> > i have no issues with dictatorships (or bofh) if it is your project
> Oh, we're a fairly egalitarian bunch - I was thrown off all the
> LinuxSA mailing lists and banned at least once, generally caused a
> huge stir amongst everyone and some still blame me for the splitting
> of the then only mailing list. Six years later and I'm making sure
> that things happen down here in South Australia - the different LUGs
> prefer different leadership styles and LinuxSA tends to prefer a
> single, non-committee type of leadership [1].

good to know, thank you so much! this list though, is run by committee
as far as i can tell?

and there is no general noise, chat, oss general tech type list?
so i can chat and comment about intel 3d xpoint, etc here?
if there are many people from all over AU on this list will the
level of noise not be hectic? - the list archives for this list it
seemed so quiet...

 > If you /really/ want to get a taste of all the LUGs together then you
> could consider going to a Linux Conf (linux.conf.au); I haven't been
> due to work reasons for a while but a lot of the people I know from
> the Adelaide open source community have been to the ones since I last
> left and say that they're really only getting better.

AU Linux Conf's sounds great, added to bucket list :)

Which is the most active Lug's? Ones with SFD (software freedom day)
and all sorts of things going on all the time?  (side note: I saw on
adam.com.au about page about BBS :)  my fondest memories about bbs )

andre