[Linux-aus] MemberDB is a great short term solution, but we need a broader rethink

James Polley jamezpolley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:05:11 AEDT 2015

For user groups which are run as sub-committees of LA, having the ability
to piggyback on MemberDB would be very useful - as a way to manage any
members-only mailing lists, and as a way to manage elections, at the very
least.

If we're compiling a wishlist, I'd like to add the ability for
sub-committees (including the UG subcommittees) to have their own
drupal/wordpress/civicrm/something instance - I don't really care what, as
long as it gives the UG the ability to have their own web presence without
needing to worry about cost of hosting or having sysadmins. I'd also love
for them to be able to set up and manage their own public mailing lists.