[Linux-aus] Proposing a membership subcommittee

Neill Cox neill at ingenious.com.au
Fri Jan 16 09:18:19 EST 2015

I am definitely interested in modernising memberdb.

At this point I have a proof of concept that:

- Uses the current database schema
- Exposes a REST API via a flask/sqlalchemy
- Provides a UI built on AngularJS and bootstrap

It's very early but looks like it should work.

There's lots still to do though and I'm keen to talk to anyone else
interested in being involved.

I'd also like to thank Stewart Smith for all of his work on the current
memberdb, it's nice to have a sane design to start from!

Cheers,
Neill

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this came up at the AGM and I think I was tricked into sending this
> email then. There are a few of us interested in addressing systemic
> issues with the way LA handles membership. Things like:
>
>  - updating the memberdb code to something more modern
>  - ensuring that when a LCA delegate checks the LA membership check
> box they actually get added as a member
>  - finding out why people who have dropped membership did so
>
> I am sure there are other things we should do, but I don't want to
> pre-empt the process too much. I also see this being a short term
> thing and not an ongoing effort -- we just need a bit of a sprint to
> pay down our accumulated debt in this area.
>
> Who is interested in having a go at some of these problems?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
> --
> Rackspace Australia