[Linux-aus] MemberDB is a great short term solution, but we need a broader rethink

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Sun Feb 1 02:05:16 AEDT 2015

Reusing existing FOSS software sounds like a great idea. I think MemberDB
has shown LA doesn't really have the current manpower to maintain our own
solution (and that manpower is probably better spent on improving other
areas anyway). With something like CiviCRM we get a bunch of new useful
features without having to dedicate the extra effort to actually writing
them. It also has the added benefit that If we added "online preferential
voting" to something like CiviCRM, then others can start using our more
enlightened form of voting too :)

Tim 'mithro' Ansell