[Linux-aus] Linux.conf.au 2015 welcomes the Deploying OpenStack Miniconf

Simon Lyall simon.lyall at lca2015.linux.org.au
Sun Sep 21 14:53:49 EST 2014

OpenStack is Open Source software for building public and private clouds
through a series of Infrastructure as a Service building blocks. OpenStack
offers virtualized infrastructure -- compute, networking and storage -- as
well as orchestration and management tools. Built with the support of a
large number of organizations, many of whom sponsor linux.conf.au, there
are now thousands of installations around the world. You quite possibly
know someone running OpenStack right now.

This year's linux.conf.au miniconf is going to try taking a new approach --
we're going to cover the issues that are important to a System Admin in
deploying OpenStack into their environment, while attempting to tell the
story of a hypothetical OpenStack deployment from end to end. How does
OpenStack integrate with your existing LDAP or Active Directory? What
choices need to be made about how to configure storage on your compute
nodes? How does scaling your object storage work? What are the networking
options you might like to consider? What hypervisor is the right choice for
your needs?

We'll also cover the existing configuration management options, including
puppet, chef and HP's deployment system tripleo.

The focus of this year's miniconf is explicitly on the deployers of
OpenStack, rather than the developers of it. We won't cover
developer-centric issues like the latest tweaks to our CI system, or what
the state of development is with the Kilo release. We pinky swear there
will be no talks on the governance of the OpenStack Foundation.

So, are you interested in deploying cloud infrastructure at your
organization? If so, the OpenStack miniconf is the event for you. Also,
we'll have stickers. Just sayin'.

Linux.conf.au

linux.conf.au is one of the foremost open source conferences in the world,
and is considered the most prestigious in the Southern Hemisphere. The next
conference, LCA2015, will be held on 12 - 16 January 2015 at the University
of Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand.
Linux.conf.au Miniconfs

Miniconfs are one day miniature conferences, within the main LCA2015
conference, which are targeted towards specific communities of interest and
offer delegates an opportunity to network with other enthusiasts while
immersing themselves in a specific topic or project.

LCA2015 miniconfs will be run on Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th of January
2015. Each miniconf's schedule is organised by the miniconf's organiser and
will be published ahead of time, listing speakers and sessions for the day.
Linux.conf.au 2015 Date: 12 - 16 January 2015
Venue: Owen G Glenn Building, University of Auckland, Grafton Road,
Auckland.
City: Auckland, New Zealand
Web: http://linux.conf.au/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LCA2015