[Linux-aus] New Mailing List policy now in effect

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Wed Oct 22 21:11:15 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

As you may have read in Council Minutes over the last few months, we
have been working on a Mailing List policy. The intent of the policy is
to foster open dialogue and discussion on relevant forums, while
providing a safe space free from undesired behaviours such as personal
attack and 'flaming'. The draft policy has now been reviewed on the
policies mailing list [1]. Council recently approved the draft Mailing
List policy, and it is subsequently in effect.

Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with the policy;
https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies/blob/master/mail-list-policy.txt

If you would like to propose amendments to the policy, the best place to
discuss amendments is the policies mailing list, and changes can be
proposed openly via GitHub.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank contributors to the policy, in
particular fellow Council members Francois Marier and Hugh Blemings, and
the wider community in particular Tony Breeds, Tim Ansell and Tennessee
Leeuwenburg.

As always your feedback is warmly welcomed,

With kind regards,
Kathy

--
Kathy Reid