[Linux-aus] Call for Expressions of Interest for linux.conf.au 2017

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Sun May 18 10:07:07 EST 2014

On 18 May 2014 10:02, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did I just entirely imagine that LCA was moving to a two-year model a la
> PyCon? Or maybe there was discussion about it that wasn't definitive?

I believe there was a bid that mooted it, but that bid did not get
accepted. I'm pretty certain the PyCon-style two year hasn't been
considered for LCA.

What is happening now is that bids for LCA are considered two years in
advance, with each bid for a single conference. So last year, 2015 and
2016 were awarded to Auckland and Geelong respectively.

The current bid process is for 2017.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer