[Linux-aus] Hardware Freedom Day 2014

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Thu Mar 13 15:09:37 EST 2014

On the Open Hardware related note, a number of organizations in the Google
Summer of Code are accepting open hardware (and related area)
proposals. *Deadline
for proposal submission is Friday next week!*

Google Summer of Code <https://developers.google.com/open-source/soc/> is a
global program that offers post-secondary student developers ages 18 and
older stipends to write code for various open source software projects.

Organizations with hardware possibilities;

   -

   Beagle Board<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/beagle>-
true open hardware, exposing users to the broader world of
electronics.
   -

   Crypto Stick<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/cryptostick>-
next generation USB security keys.
   -

   OpenLighting<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/openlighting>-
an effort to build tools for the entertainment lighting industry.
   -

   TimVideos<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/timvideos>-
recording and live event streaming for conferences, meetings, user
groups
   and and other presentations.

Software Defined Radio organizations;

   -

   GNURadio<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/gnuradio>-
free library for developing Software Defined Radio applications.
   -

   GNSS SDR<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/gnss_sdr>-
open source Global Navigation Satellite Systems software receiver.

Robotics

   -

   Open Motion Planning
Library<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/ompl>